This boy is smiling because he went to the doctor and got a liquid Z-pack! Or maybe that's why I'm smiling. He's smiling because he got a new notebook and smiley face stickers at Target while waiting for his prescription. It's the little things that make him happy.
The doctor isn't sure what's going on, but said he definitely needs antibiotics. He's being treated for walking pneumonia, but the doctor said if he doesn't get better in a couple of days that we would switch to a different antibiotic for a sinus infection. They took a chest X-ray to rule out pneumonia and it came back mostly clear, but because of the junky cough and the duration, this is the route we currently took.
And it seems to be working. Jonathan took a nap this afternoon again (I know he is really sick if he naps two days in a row!) and when he woke up he was in a dark place and still running a low-grade temp. So I gave him some ibuprofen, a lollipop to help sooth the cough, and a little TV. After about an hour, he was more like himself than he has been in weeks. Praise the Lord!
The doctor isn't sure what's going on, but said he definitely needs antibiotics. He's being treated for walking pneumonia, but the doctor said if he doesn't get better in a couple of days that we would switch to a different antibiotic for a sinus infection. They took a chest X-ray to rule out pneumonia and it came back mostly clear, but because of the junky cough and the duration, this is the route we currently took.
And it seems to be working. Jonathan took a nap this afternoon again (I know he is really sick if he naps two days in a row!) and when he woke up he was in a dark place and still running a low-grade temp. So I gave him some ibuprofen, a lollipop to help sooth the cough, and a little TV. After about an hour, he was more like himself than he has been in weeks. Praise the Lord!
This little missy on the other hand is not getting better. These pictures don't completely capture her puffy eyes and snotty nose, but trust me, its there. At the doctor's office, everyone kept looking from her to Jonathan trying to determine which one was the patient.
She prefers to read the boys' books rather than her own. And apparently they read better upside-down.
I didn't take any pictures of our day. There really wasn't anything that noteworthy except for the doctor's office and I forgot to take the camera. So I took a few pictures of my pretty little princess before she went to bed. She's going to the doctor on Friday for a well-child visit. I fear it's going to turn into a sick-child visit. But maybe she'll turn the corner during the night and look better in the morning!
Giving a little love to her daddy and mommy. Her favorite part of the day is when the boys go to bed and she has us all to herself. We kind of like it too!
We're looking a little rough here. It's been a long day, but at least we both got to take a nap. I didn't make a dent in that To Do List again, but there's always tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment