New Year's Eve party - Ayotte style
We were supposed to go to the Walker's for a New Year's Eve party, but were too sick. We thought Hannah had a tummy bug because she had been battling diarrhea for several days and she was starting to cough and wouldn't let me out of her sight. (Several days later, she got a new tooth, so that might have been the cause of her tummy troubles.) Keith caught Jonathan's awful cold/cough and felt like death, and Jonathan still wasn't better. The rest of us were healthy, but we decided it was better to keep our germs at home and not share and go to bed early!
We were supposed to go to the Walker's for a New Year's Eve party, but were too sick. We thought Hannah had a tummy bug because she had been battling diarrhea for several days and she was starting to cough and wouldn't let me out of her sight. (Several days later, she got a new tooth, so that might have been the cause of her tummy troubles.) Keith caught Jonathan's awful cold/cough and felt like death, and Jonathan still wasn't better. The rest of us were healthy, but we decided it was better to keep our germs at home and not share and go to bed early!
The boys taking turns playing daddy's iPod, or game thing as they like to call it. Notice how Andrew is sitting so politely watching his brother. I wish I could say this is how they always share electronic toys!
Thing 1 and Thing 2 - love these shirts!!
This picture made me chuckle. If you look closely, you'll see Andrew restraining Jonathan from something. I'm sure it was a gentle reminder of the correct way to play!
Andrew explaining how to play all the little games he had set-up for us to play in the playroom. At one point, Grammy thought she knew the rules and was explaining them to Grandpa. Andrew gently stopped her and said, "Don't listen to Grammy. She just got a little carried away." Grammy was not offended, but did have to leave the room to laugh a little.
Another Andrewism that I did not happen to overhear, but Grammy later told me happened early in the morning with Andrew's Angry Bird. Remember the block towers he was building on Christmas Day for his Angry Bird to knock down? Apparently, in his mind, throwing the Angry Bird was not the best method. He needed a sling shot to accurately recreate the game, which I might add, he had played a total of one time. (There is a boy on the bus who plays Angry Birds on his iPod every morning on the way to school and lets Andrew watch him.)
Anyway, back to the story. One morning, Andrew was searching for supplies to build a sling shot for his Angry Bird. Grammy said to him, "If I were you, I wouldn't do that. You might get in trouble." And he answered, "Well, if I were me, which I am, I would try." How do you argue with that logic? Fortunately, he gave up on the sling shot idea after we threatened to take away his Angry Bird. However, he did not stop building towers with little plastic animals for us to try and knock down with his Angry Bird. Silly me. I thought he'd just attach this Angry Bird key chain to his backpack and be done with it. Next time we will discuss with Santa about proper stocking stuffers!
No comments:
Post a Comment