I didn't sleep well again last night, seems to be the trend this week, but I was very productive this morning. Hannah slept until 10, which never happens and I was able to accomplish so much while she slept! I vacuumed, cleaned a bathroom, put away a load of laundry and started another load, checked my email, ate some breakfast and started emptying the dishwasher.
After she woke up, my productivity slacked. I fed her breakfast and started fixing lunch so I could leave to go pick up Andrew at school and take him to the...
dentist.
He was not very happy about it. After visiting with the dentist, I was not very happy either. Turns out this boy has not one, but 5 cavities. Yes, we win the rotten parents of the year award. I have never had a cavity, and so I'm having some trouble comprehending how my 6-year-old could possibly have 5?! And one is in critical condition and basically needs to have a mini-root canal. I guess this is fairly common, however I'm still in shock. And they referred us to a pediatric dentist for this procedure so that we would be able to use a mild anesthesia. Can the parents have some too, please? That is scheduled to take place in a couple of weeks. Holy cow! What a week this is turning out to be!
After she woke up, my productivity slacked. I fed her breakfast and started fixing lunch so I could leave to go pick up Andrew at school and take him to the...
He was not very happy about it. After visiting with the dentist, I was not very happy either. Turns out this boy has not one, but 5 cavities. Yes, we win the rotten parents of the year award. I have never had a cavity, and so I'm having some trouble comprehending how my 6-year-old could possibly have 5?! And one is in critical condition and basically needs to have a mini-root canal. I guess this is fairly common, however I'm still in shock. And they referred us to a pediatric dentist for this procedure so that we would be able to use a mild anesthesia. Can the parents have some too, please? That is scheduled to take place in a couple of weeks. Holy cow! What a week this is turning out to be!
While I took Andrew to the dentist, our favorite babysitter, Carmen stayed with Jonathan and Hannah. (This picture is from March. I wasn't thinking clearly when she left to take a current picture of her with the kids.)
Jonathan and Hannah had rest time after she left and unfortunately, Jonathan did not nap today. And he needed it because he was up at 5 this morning to go to the bathroom and I'm pretty sure he never went back to sleep. So after rest time, the boys watched Busytown Mysteries, and had a little dress-up fun.
Hannah wanted to be a Fireman. Have you ever seen a cuter firefighter?
While they played and watched the end of their show, I made Little Cheddar Meatloaves, Au Gratin potatoes and Lima beans. This picture gets an F for presentation, but an A for flavor.
Jonathan was so tired he could barely eat dinner. He is still coughing up a lung and isn't back to his normal self yet. So immediately following dinner, it was jammies, books and bed by 7! And neither boy came out of their room and hopefully it stays that way all night! And now I need to go watch Grey's Anatomy and eat a little ice cream, and then brush my teeth of course!

1 comment:
Oh honey... I'm sorry! Cory played your msg. for me yesterday evening. I hadn't seen it before that. I will try to call you later today. Big hugs.
Post a Comment