This morning Hannah had her 15-month well-child check-up. Only it was more of sick-child checkup. She's been battling a runny nose and cough all week and really hasn't completely gotten over the junk from Christmas. So, the doctor checked her over and said other than her infection, she seems to be doing great, other than the fact that she only weighs 17 lbs. 14.5 oz.
and is still in the 0 percentile. But she is in the 25th percentile for length at 30 inches. The doctor is still worried about her lack of weight gain, but he didn't give me a hard time this visit because she has been sick for the past few weeks. He said we just need to continue to keep an eye on her weight. *sigh* I was really hoping we had hit 18 pounds. This girl needs to get to 20 pounds sometime soon so that she can be forward facing in the car!
Jonathan and Hannah waiting in the doctor's office for the nurse to bring us Jonathan's new breathing machine. Jonathan was happy to wait quietly while Hannah got checked out as long as he had the iPod touch.
Here's my SuperTarget and pharmacy. Today when I left the pharmacy, the pharmacist gave me my three, yes three prescriptions and with a little evil smile, she said, "See you next week." I told her she better be wrong! (Keith also needs antibiotics for a sinus infection and Jonathan got a prescription for Albuterol for his new breathing machine.)
While waiting for our prescriptions, I found some new barrettes for Hannah. Her hair is getting out of control and always in her face. She left this barrette in for a longer than I expected, but I'm not sure that she is quite ready for them...
""Um, this does not belong in my hair!"
Andrew built these little Lego people
He told me that this was our family before Jonathan and Hannah, and he made little beds for us.
Unfortunately I was interrupted by Jonathan or Hannah so I didn't have a chance to ask him why he didn't create little Lego siblings. Perhaps a topic for tomorrow...
Unfortunately I was interrupted by Jonathan or Hannah so I didn't have a chance to ask him why he didn't create little Lego siblings. Perhaps a topic for tomorrow...
And this little miss is going to be the death of me.
This afternoon, I was working with Andrew on his speech therapy, and I left my chair for a split second to check on dinner. When I turned around, Hannah was sitting in my chair. I immediately accused Andrew of helping her climb up, but he claimed innocence. So I put her on the floor and she immediately climbed back up. Oh.My.Word. She's a climber. At 15 months.
This is the end of my world as I know it!
This is the end of my world as I know it!
She was so proud of herself. This picture did not capture her excitement.
Here's Andrew working on his lip press during therapy. This is not his favorite activity!
And here's dinner - crock pot rotisserie-style chicken, Parmesan-basil roasted potatoes, and mixed veggies. I meant to take a picture of the chicken before I took it out of the crock pot. I think it was more impressive, but I forgot.
And finally, Jonathan got to test out his Nebulizer machine. He had a crazy coughing fit right before bed and needed a little help getting it under control. He did a great job keeping it on. Much better than I expected. And we are hoping that this does not become a nightly ritual!
This week in the life should really be called: Why we are thankful for insurance.
Tomorrow is the weekend and there is NOTHING planned. That makes me so happy. Maybe I'll have time to finish my Tracie Peterson book, "Under the Northern Lights."
No comments:
Post a Comment