Monday, January 16, 2012

Week in the Life - Monday

Today we had a sick day. Andrew was out of school for MLK day and a teacher in-service and everyone is feeling less than stellar! Andrew has been coughing and snotty for about a week and has been kind enough to share his cold with Jonathan and Hannah, even though they both just had bad colds. So, we just laid low today.

The boys moved their Lego table in front of the TV so they could watch Robin Hood again and several other PBS shows. It was also a screen day.

I clipped some coupons and drank several cups of coffee while they watched TV.

Andrew turned his fire rescue boat into several robots. I love the creativity Legos bring out of my boys!

I did several loads of laundry. I'm convinced it multiplies over the weekend!

The kiddos all had popsicles for a pre-lunch snack. Healthy, I know! Jonathan was having a coughing fit, and we have found that popsicles help calm his cough. Hannah really wanted a popsicle too, but I didn't want to deal with the mess. Obviously I eventually caved. She was THRILLED!

I love this face! It took her a little bit to get used to the cold, tangy flavor, but she prevailed and ate almost the whole thing before it melted. And I love how Jonathan is watching Hannah! So sweet!


After lunch, the boys had some screen time while Hannah napped and I blogged, folded laundry and worked on dinner.

We had a little too much screen time and had to go outside to run off some of our crazies. They thought they needed to play with their Rescue Heroes outside. I let them because it kept them from running too much and stirring up the cough. And it really wasn't that late when I took this picture, but the sun was setting and so it looks much later than it was!

We had Paula Deen's Swiss Steak for dinner. This picture doesn't translate the flavor. So yummy! And no, the kids did not eat this as pictured. They did eat the steak and rice separately, of course.

And for dessert, brownies and ice cream. Hannah didn't get any ice cream, but don't tell her! She was very happy with her little brownie!

Andrew's favorite part of the meal!

bath time

brushing teeth - Super important since we fear this guy has a cavity. We'll find out Thursday...stay tuned.

And finally bedtime stories with Daddy and then bed for the kiddos!
Now it's time for me to meet my husband in the basement to watch the latest episode of Castle.
We survived another day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey wanted to say it is fun reading your daily posts!! you've been doing great!! hope the kiddos are soon over the sickies!! joyce

Jill said...

YAY! Day in the life of the Ayottes. Sorry I'm late to the party... but you know the week we've had. Off to read more...