Sunday, November 01, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Not quite sure about this costume business...

Well, maybe it'll be OK.

"What are we doing? Don't you know it's dark out here?"

Our lion was slightly distracted watching all the other trick-or-treaters.

"I think I like this trick-or-treat game!"



New England sports enthusiast and a little lion



"Check out my new car from Mrs. Penny!"

Watching and waiting for more trick-or-treaters

Still waiting...

We were actually able to go trick-or-treating in costumes last night! We didn't think it would happen. We've been trying to find a costume Andrew would agree to wear for weeks and everything we suggested was shot down. He finally offered an idea on Wednesday, stating that he would be a peg - like a clothespin. His parents were not creative enough to create a peg outfit in 3 days. We tried many other ideas: a weatherman, a chef, a lion, a frog, a doctor, a fireman, etc. But he didn't like any of the costumes we found. So we sort of gave up.

But Jonathan had this cute lion costume that Ben wore a few years ago, and I really wanted pictures of both boys dressed up. Keith and I had thought about a baseball player a couple weeks ago, but never pursued it with Andrew. He had sort of worn us down. But last night in desperation, I suggested it, and he AGREED! But because it was so last minute, he ended up being more of a New England sports enthusiast, with an emphasis on baseball.

Jonathan wasn't sure about the lion costume at first, but once we got outside, he forgot about it and quickly caught on to the wonders of trick-or-treating.

And once again, the highlight of the night was handing out treats to all the trick-or-treaters who came to our door. If I didn't have a sickness requiring me to capture our kids in cute costumes, I think I would skip the whole thing next year and just let them hand out treats.

No comments: