Saturday, November 14, 2009

Crud, Crud GO Away...

Come again NO other day!

Here are the boys right after their nap. How do you know they are still sort-of sick? No one is fighting or screaming!


So we are on day 7 of this crud. Just when I think someone is getting better, someone else gets worse.

Andrew didn't have much of a fever on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I thought he was over the worst and then he spiked another high fever Thursday and his cough worsened (is that a word?), so off we went to the doctor and he is now being treated for an unknown secondary infection, possibly a sinus infection. I didn't really care what they diagnosed him with, as long as we got some antibiotics! And he needed them. He woke up fever free on Friday, YEAH! And had more energy and wanted to play with his toys - for the the first time all week!

Jonathan started the crud on Tuesday. Wednesday he was so whiny I thought I would lose my mind. He likes to share his pain and misery with everyone around him! But by Thursday he was better and playing and eating again. He then played a mean trick and was up most of Thursday night for reasons that only he knows and won't share. He didn't have a fever and didn't seem to be hurting and he acted fine all day Friday and was fever free! But this morning he woke up crying and had a fever again, so I whisked him off to the Immediate Care Clinic and now he is also on antibiotics for an ear infection.

Keith is still healthy, but I have caught something. I started with a scratchy throat on Thursday and I woke up this morning with a massive head cold. I'll take a cold over fever and body aches any day, but I was hoping to avoid all their germs! Wishful thinking! And I was really hoping we could all go to church tomorrow. It seems like forever since we have seen anyone or left our house. But I don't think two of us will be leaving these walls any time soon. Time will tell. Maybe a good night's sleep and lots of prayers will cure us!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Oh stink. I was hoping you guys were getting better, too. I've been thinking about you and meaning to call. I think you're going to need a girls night out when this is all behind you!! Lots of vitamin C and rest for you!! Hot tea, too. Hope to see you soon!!