Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Peppered Bacon and Tomato Linguine

Here's another yummy recipe I have found recently on Allrecipes.com. Enjoy!

Peppered Bacon and Tomato Linguine
1/2 pound peppered bacon, diced
2 T. chopped green onion
2 tsps. minced garlic
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 tsp. dried basil (I used fresh - about 1/4 cup chopped)
1 tsp. salt
ground black pepper to taste
1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
3 T. grated Parmesan cheese

1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving drippings, and set aside. (I actually cook my bacon in the microwave and only save about 1-2 T of bacon grease.)
2. Saute green onion and garlic in bacon drippings over medium heat for one minute. Stir in tomatoes, basil, salt and ground black pepper; simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss hot pasta with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

KPrince said...

Sounds yummy and simple...I want to try it!!