Friday, August 01, 2008

Parenting Dilemna #784



So, today was one of those days, where you just don't know if you should laugh, yell, cry or just take a picture. I chose to take a picture and secretly laugh. The boys have been taking turns taking naps in attempt to break me. Basically only one child naps each day and the other one tortures me. It's a fun little game. HA! So today after I put Andrew in his room for a nap, I was working on getting Jonathan to sleep. Jonathan cooperated, Andrew did not. And so the game continues. I just have Jonathan to sleep and I hear the thumping footsteps of Andrew making his way down the stairs. I shush him so that Jonathan can continue sleeping and then notice his peculiar outfit. Up until now, Andrew has been incapable of getting himself dressed, or so I thought. He came out of his room wearing two extra pj tops and one matching pair of pants over his clothes, plus a pair of socks. "I get dressed mommy." He informed me in his sweet whisper voice. So, while I am irritated that his is not napping, again. He was too cute for me not to capture the moment. I removed his extra layers since its around 95 out today and sent him back to his room for more quiet time. At least Jonathan is napping today!
Oh, and we've entered that weird I-forgot-how-to-smile-for-a-camera phase. Lots of funny faces are all I get these days. Thank God for digital where I can take a thousand pictures in hopes of catching one good one!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Cute post title! Aren't those parenting dilemmas just endless sometimes??

Oh, how I remember trying to get my kids to nap at the same time! What a headache that was at times! However, now NO ONE naps...gone are those times...

Cute pics of Andrew and his many layers of pjs! :-)

KPrince said...

That stinkin funny! I know the nap game all too well! We are there now! It is hard to get a 2 1/2 yr old and an 1 1/2 yr old to sleep at the same time!! UGH! some days I need a minute of peace so badly!!