Always check to make sure you have your wallet before you go to Target or any other place where credit cards or cash are needed!
Today, I took the boys to Target and they were both angels, so I quickly filled our cart with the necessary items on our list and then browsed happily for about an hour adding other treasures. I go to the checkout, get everything out of the cart, am trying to convince Andrew that his toy needs to stay at Target because it lives there, while digging in the diaper bag for my wallet. Only I can't get the toy away from Andrew and I CAN'T FIND MY WALLET!
After a few moments of panic, I realize I had taken a separate purse to church on Sunday and haven't needed my wallet since, so it's still at home and I have no money to pay for all my treasures. I tell the somewhat-clueless checker that I cannot pay and he needs to stop ringing up my stuff. He tries to be helpful and tells me he can suspend my order while I go home and get my money. I politely inform him that I cannot do this with two small children and will have to come back later much later. I don't think I have been that embarrassed in quite awhile. Not even when Andrew throws a fit in the check-out. But forgetting your wallet?! I think I might be losing my mind. On a positive note - I have never had a cheaper shopping trip to Target and probably never will again!
And you can bet from now on, I will be triple checking the diaper bag to verify I have all the necessary items - especially my wallet!
2 comments:
This is my favorite post yet. Don't worry, you are NOT losing your mind just temporarily donating brain cells to your children. Did I ever tell you about the time I lost my keys at the grocery store with both my children in tow. Check out, dig in my purse for keys, can't find them, search entire store, ice cream in melting, children are melting down, drama and more drama. Maybe I left the van unlocked and can unload groceries and call Dave to rescue me. Wait the keys are in the van, oh, and the they are in the ignition and, it gets better, the van is STILL RUNNING!!!! and has been for the 1+ hour I have been shopping. Dear Lord, please save us mothers from ourselves...
Oh Tanya! I have been there too. So I guess if you are losing your mind...I'm losing mine along with you!:)
Post a Comment