Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sick Baby

We have been plagued with sickness at our house yet again! Andrew started with a hacking cough and cold a week and a half ago, then Jonathan started it on Saturday and I started with it on Monday. Poor Jonathan has been to the doctor's office twice this week. He's been running a low-grade fever for the past five days and every day it seems to climb. On Monday, he was diagnosed with a severe viral infection. Today he was diagnosed with a double-ear infection. The doctor called it a secondary infection. He's had two doses of antibiotics, and I think he's starting to act more himself! Finally. Lethargic babies freak me out! He's still running a low-grade fever, but my mom said I need to give the medicine 24 hours to work. GRRR. I just want it to work. Right. Now! Hopefully we can all sleep through the night. For the first time in I don't know how long...


So, what do you do when every one is feeling kind of yucky? Go for a walk to the playground, of course. Shortly after we got there, the wind shifted and it got kind of chilly. Rotten parents. Probably the cause of his ear infection.

Andrew was feeling great and had a great time running around!

Smiley sick baby

Jonathan has mostly mastered walking. However, his sickness has slowed him down. Otherwise I think he would be running full speed after his brother. I guess there is one small silver lining to this respiratory junk.
Oh, and the stairs. We blinked and he was at the top of the stairs. No practice needed. So, now we have the baby gate up and that ticks him off! He wants to be chased up the stairs, but until he masters down in a safe manner, the stairs are off limits!

And playing in the dishwasher always makes Jonathan feel better.

Jonathan has also added a few words to his vocabulary this past week, pre-sickness: this, ball, car, woo-woo (woof-woof, which he says for every animal he sees. We're working on that!) He has some word for kitty that I can't quite figure out how to type, but it's obvious he's trying to say kitty. And of course, mama and dada, mostly when he needs something immediately.

No comments: