We went to Hutch on Friday and spent the day at my parent's house and squeezed in a visit with my Grandpa. I didn't think it was one of our better visits, but I haven't seem him in a while due to sickness. My mom said she thought he responded great and more than she had seem him respond in weeks. He only said a couple of phrases and one of them was in response to the noise that the boys were making as they explored his room. "They sinna fun hava." (They're having fun.) I've only heard him speak in Dutch lately. I don't know if he ever speaks in English anymore. I'm just glad that I can understand what he is saying. It's so sad to see him like this, but every so often, I'm blessed to see a little twinkle in his eye or a little smile that lets me know he's still in there. Alzheimer's is such a horrible disease!
No comments:
Post a Comment