Here's a picture of my "dark-skinned" baby.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Weird comments
Yesterday I was in Hutchinson with my mom at Alco. We were in the checkout line and these women behind me were admiring Jonathan. This I am used to. He's pretty stinkin' cute if I say so myself. Then the one woman asked me if I was a foster mother. I was vainly hoping she said that because I didn't look like I had just had a baby. I assured her he was all mine. She clarified her comment by saying that she thought that because he was so dark skinned. WHAT?! So much for my vanity - kicked in the stomach. Anyway, I realize that Jonathan does look a little tan compared to Andrew and I. I told her that he was a little jaundice when he was first born and spent a lot of time in the sun. I like to pretend he has a little tan, but really I think that he just has Keith's skin tone instead of my albino coloring. So the lesson I learned is, don't be vain, and people say weird things to strangers.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment