Andrew has never liked getting his haircut, but we've always been able to get some sort of haircut. Not true for this past weekend. For some reason, he totally freaked out at the hair place. I've never seen him so scared of a nice woman with scissors! After about a half an hour, we finally left the hair salon, without the scissors ever touching his head, and decided to try a new strategy. Andrew loves his Grandpa, so we thought, foolishly, that maybe he would let Grandpa cut his hair. No. No. He freaked out again and it took several of us to hold him down. But because he is as strong as an ox, he wiggled a lot and consequently has a few bald spots and a couple of spots that were never touched.
Last night when Keith was giving Andrew a bath, he thought he could sneak in a couple of trims while Andrew was playing. Andrew heard the tiny trimmer and asked, "Whas dat noise?" Keith showed him and called it a tickle tool. Andrew wasn't fooled. He told Keith, "Daddy, I take a baff. Turn dat off and pu it up dare (pointing to the back of the toilet)." Keith tried a couple more times, but was unsuccessful in fooling Andrew. I think our next option is shaving his head...
Here are a couple of videos Keith took of the "torture."
Poor Andrew. But you'll be happy to know that as soon as he was free from the kitchen/salon, he was happy and smiling and all was forgiven, especially after he got his promised popsicle and new book!
2 comments:
Tanya,
I can SO relate to that "torture time" (is it more torture for THEM or for US???)...praying that Andrew will, in time, LIKE getting his hair cut!!! :-)
Love,
Lori
Great videos...I got a good chuckle there!! (Sorry...it probably wasn't too funny for you guys!) :-)
Post a Comment