Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hooray for naps!


I have wonderful news - no I didn't have the baby yet. This is almost as good. Andrew is taking naps again! Praise the Lord! I didn't think I would survive the 3-week nap strike, but somehow we all lived through it. I really need to give credit to Keith who kick started the naps again. A couple of Sundays ago, when I passed out on the couch, he fought the nap fight, and was determined to win without injuring himself or Andrew! The solution - take away the window seat. Crazy as it sounds, now that we have barricaded the window seat with a baby gate, Andrew sleeps. Not in his bed, but in the glider rocker that was supposed to be moved to the baby's room. Who really needs a rocker in a baby's room?! We certainly don't right now as long as it keeps big brother sleeping! Just thought I'd update on our little parenting victory. Thanks to all of you who have been praying for us!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Man, you'd think he'd have a MAJOR kink in his neck when he woke up. Yikes! But we are sooooo glad to hear that he is napping again. Believe me, I know what a great feeling it is. Not that my 2 year old naps, but still...

KPrince said...

That is hilarious! Who would have thought?! Kenna is playing during her nap time too....and some days she skips her nap and others she finally falls asleep after two hours...and then she sleeps too late and then wants to be awake until 11 !! UGH! I feel your pain.