Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Another snow day and a quote




This is what it looked like out our windows today. I'm not sure how many inches we got because the wind is strong and causing some drifting. Temperatures have been in the single digits with minus 10 and below wind chills. Needless to say, the kids and I did not leave the house today!

Hard to believe we were enjoying 70 degree weather on Friday and Saturday. The boys were so happy to play outside and now we are stuck inside for a little while. School is already cancelled for tomorrow. I see more games of Cars Go Fish in my future and maybe some cookie baking!

Andrew's quote for the day:
First let me set the stage. Boredom has set in and Andrew is going through my desk. I let him so I can have a few minutes at the computer. He finds my old, red film camera. He recognizes it is a camera and asks me to help him open it, but he can't quite figure it out. I open the back of the camera and try to explain where the film goes and that it doesn't open all the way. "Mommy, What is film?" Wow! Thanks for making me feel old kiddo!

I tried to explain film and negatives for a second and then gave up. Amazing to think that my children will never know about film and waiting to get your pictures developed to see what pictures turned out. Or never know about wishing you had taken more time to capture a moment because the first two tries were blurry. Maybe I'll try to buy some film so he can experience it just once.

1 comment:

Sally said...

I have a roll of film you can have (remind me on Friday). I bought it to learn how to use my sister's film SLR camera, but I gave up. Digital is so much easier. =)

Yeah, and our kids will never know about cassette tapes or computers as big as a room or a bunch of other stuff. Crazy!