Friday, October 15, 2010

Introducing...

Hannah Elizabeth Julia Ayotte

Born: Thursday, Oct. 14, 1:54 pm

7lbs. 5 oz.
19-1/2 inches long



Proud Daddy!

Oh, dear. A little thumb sucker already.

Hannah and Mommy calling friends and family.

First bath. She was not a big fan of being cold and wet.

Hannah surprised us by deciding when she would like her birthday to be. We had a planned induction for today (Oct. 15) but Hannah already has a mind of her own and chose Oct. 14 instead. Keith was getting ready to leave for work and the boys were jumping around in the bed with me. Things didn't seem quite right and as I went to get out of bed, I quickly realized what was happening and yelled for Keith to grab me a towel as my water was breaking. Andrew caught on that something was happening and asked me if I was peeing in bed. Not exactly.

Keith told the boys to go downstairs and play and for once they listened the first time they were asked to do something. I'm guessing there was a certain tone in our voices that told them something was up. Keith brought me a phone and we started calling in reinforcements. My mom was at work and I called her to tell her what was going on. She immediately called dad and he jumped in the car and came to our rescue.

Fortunately, I wasn't contracting yet, so I had time to take a shower and pack. Yes, I said pack. It was on my list for the day. None of my babies have ever come early, and I didn't expect this time to be any different. So I procrastinated. I don't recommend it!

After dad got to the house and we gave him some quick tips, we left for the hospital. We arrived around 9:30 am and with a little help from my friends Pitocin and Epidural, we met our sweet baby girl at 1:54 pm.
And yes, Hannah does have two middle names. We had trouble deciding between Hannah and Julia and were still going back and forth on the way to the hospital. Shortly after I was settled in my delivery room, I noticed a Gideon Bible open on the side table. I asked Keith if he had been reading the Bible when I wasn't paying attention and he said no. He picked up the Bible and it was open to II Samuel. I said, "Do you know who Samuel's mother was?" "Hannah." And then we had our answer for what we should name our baby girl.

1 comment:

Sally said...

I LOVE her name story!!