Can you see what my children are reading, or rather studying like an instruction manual? Yes, it is Calvin and Hobbes comic books. Does this frighten us? More than we can say. Is Andrew obsessed with these books? To say yes is an understatement.
The other day he was explaining to me how Scout, his stuffed dog, can talk to him, but sometimes can't hear very well. I thought maybe Andrew's hearing issues were manifesting themselves through Scout, so I asked if Scout has trouble hearing mommy and daddy. I was given The Look, which he has mastered at age 5 and which I'm sure I will see throughout his teenage years, and then he patiently explained that Scout is like Hobbes and is only alive when Andrew is around.
Keith and I are coming to the scary conclusion that we are raising Calvin. Perhaps we should hide the Calvin and Hobbes books for awhile...
Keith and I are coming to the scary conclusion that we are raising Calvin. Perhaps we should hide the Calvin and Hobbes books for awhile...
UPDATE:
Today Andrew came home from preschool with this little pumpkin guy. They are learning about pumpkins this week and today his teacher dug out the "yucky stuff with her hand and a spoon" to show the kids the inside of a pumpkin. Anyway, as soon as Andrew ran out of the classroom with his papers, he told me his pumpkin guy was named...Calvin. Of course. What else would it be named?!

No comments:
Post a Comment