Thursday, October 07, 2010

Fire Rescue Boat project








This past Saturday was build a Fire Rescue Boat project at Home Depot. The boys haven't been in awhile and when Keith saw the project, he wanted to take them. The problem was Jonathan was still pretty sick and contagious. So, we decided that Jonathan would stay home with me and Andrew would go to Home Depot with Keith. This has happened before and has never really affected Jonathan. But Saturday was different. He gets it now. And he DID NOT want to be left out.

It about killed Keith to leave him, but we really didn't have a choice. I told him to ask if he could bring an unfinished project home to a sad, sick boy. And they willingly gave him one. You would've thought he brought Jonathan a puppy. He hugged that block of wood and tried to read the directions. And he was so proud of the finished project and that he got to build it. We love Home Depot projects. Now if I just knew where to store all of them...

1 comment:

Sally said...

Brave Daddy holding the project while the 2 year old wields the hammer. =)

So, 2 isn't too young to do it? I thought they had to be 4 or something...not sure where I got that though.