
2 cups cooked chicken
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1-4 oz. jar diced pimentos, drained
2-1/2 cups dry spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
1 tsp. seasoning salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp. if you like it hot!)
1 additional cup shredded cheddar
salt and pepper to taste (I didn't add any extra)
Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups, reserve broth. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.
Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to 6 months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil.)
courtesy of the Pioneer Woman
This is my new favorite recipe site. Pioneer Woman posts amazing step-by-step instructions with pictures. And it's all comfort food! I made this last night, thinking it was something Andrew would eat. Turns out he's on a hunger strike, but he did finally taste it and admitted that it wasn't too bad. *sigh*
Anyway, we all liked it and I didn't add any salt and pepper and only used 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper because I'm a wimp and I wanted the boys to be able to eat it. I made this in two 8x8 pans and froze the one. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment