Andrew somehow knew the presents were locked in the basement, and Keith had told him he had to be good so Santa could bring him presents.
So this is what that equalled in a 3-year-old brain: A couple of days before Christmas, Andrew came running up from the basement and told me I had to come downstairs and unlock the door because Santa was locked in the basement. And several times that day, I asked Andrew, "Who's locked in our basement?"
"Santa," he would always answer.
Now how do you fix this without laughing and confusing him even more?!
He's such a good sick baby!
We had a fun and quiet Christmas morning at home. I think this was the first Christmas we've been at home since we are married - 7 years! It was fun to the watch boys open their gifts and Keith made yummy chocolate-chip pancakes and we all lounged around in pjs until noon. Jonathan slept in and then took a mid-morning nap while Andrew played. What a great Christmas morning!
Jonathan was still having diarrhea, so we waited until late in the afternoon to join the Nisly Christmas party. We got to Al and Dorothy's around 4, in time for dinner and the White Elephant Gift Exchange. And let me tell you, there were some doozy gifts. I got to open three because my treasures kept getting stolen. Lucky me. I ended up with a bag of bags. And not just any bags. No these were rejected free bags that came with purchases of make up, perfume, lotion, etc. Now I admit I have a bag obsession, but I don't know that i have a use for any of these. I think they might have to go in the garage sale pile!
My first gift was an electrical cord and a travel kit.
Ashley got this sad little ornament in a basket. She ended up with one of the best gifts - there was $5 hidden in the ornament.
Marilyn got this lovely bag and light-up snowman. Surprisingly, no one stole her gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment