Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Baby Shower for Sondra

Sondra and mom


Table of goodies, minus the quiches - they were still in the oven.

diaper cake


This past Saturday, I threw Sondra a baby shower. Unfortunately, I didn't do a very good job at taking pictures of all the guests and shower fun. But it was fun, and Sondra and the baby got some great gear! We can't wait to meet this precious little bundle!

And for you secret blog stalkers (Jane), here's the recipe you requested. Enjoy!

Mushroom Quiche
One 9-inch refrigerated pie crust, fitted into a 9-inch pie plate
1 T. butter
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 large Vidalia (or other mild) onion, chopped
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cottage cheese
3 T. flour
3 T. Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon hot sauce (I left this out)
1 (8 oz) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Crimp the edges of the crust.
2. Melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and saute for five minutes or until tender.
3. Place the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, flour, Parmesan cheese, and hot sauce in a food processor or blender and process til smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary. (I used a hand mixer and it seemed to turn out OK.)
4. Stir together the mushroom mixture, egg mixture, and Cheddar cheese, and spoon into the pie crust. Cover the edges with foil to prevent the crust form burning.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, til golden brown and set in the center. Cool for 10 minutes and cut into 8 wedges. (serves 8)

1 comment:

jane said...

Thanks for the recipe!!! I am so excited you remembered, and feel so cool that my name was on your blog!!! I'm hoping to make it soon...

From your not-so-secret-anymore blog stalker,
jane