Friday, September 05, 2008

crazy silence

Here's something weird - my house is completely silent and it is freaking me out! I know I should be reveling in the silence, but it's a little unnerving.

Jonathan is napping and Andrew is spending some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa. They've been saying for months that they want to keep him overnight and it finally worked with all of our schedules. My mom came down yesterday morning to watch Jonathan while I took Andrew to the audiologist. I don't think there is anything wrong with Andrew's hearing, but our pediatrician wants to establish a baseline due to the family history. After his appointment, we had lunch and then Andrew and Grandma went home. Jonathan took a great nap, and then we went shopping and out to dinner with Keith.

It's funny to me when I look back at when Andrew was Jonathan's age and how I thought it was SO hard to run errands with him. Now I think running errands with Jonathan is a breeze. Ahh, perspective.

And here's the truly crazy part: I had such a long list of things that I could do with just Jonathan in tow, that I didn't know where to start. It was a little overwhelming to think of all the stores that I could take him that I currently don't dare to take Andrew. You know, stores without carts and with many breakable things.

We are going to see VeggieTales Live tonight, and I hope to have lots of good pictures to post. Andrew is VERY excited, and we've been counting down the days all week!

So, here I sit, enjoying my Mocha Java Chiller from Sonic, blogging and enjoying the silence. It will end soon I know.

1 comment:

KPrince said...

Enjoy the silence while you can....as we all know it is very short and sweet! I hear Konner waking up after a LAME 1 hour nap! ugh! Hope you had fun at Veggie Tales...both of my kiddos would have loved it!!