Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Harvest Time

It's harvest time in Kansas, finally. We've had a record 25 inches of rain since January and that has slowed everything down, much to the farmers' dismay. We've talked about rain and wheat harvest more in the past couple weeks than in our married history and probably Keith's lifetime. And today, my boys got to experience a little taste of harvest. It didn't last too long because it was blazin' hot and there were mosquitoes and it was hot, and the field was "prickly," and did I mention it was hot?! But Andrew did get to ride in the wheat truck and helped take a load of wheat to the co-op, where he got CANDY! (Back in the day, we got a can of pop, but I'm sure there were budget cuts.) And then he got to ride in the combine with grandpa. Jonathan wasn't too impressed with it all, but I'm sure he will be in the next couple of years!


Uncle Matt came home from Indiana to help with harvest.

If you look closely, you can see Andrew's not to sure about the noisy combine.

That little spot of red in the bottom of the window is Andrew, eating his lollipop from the co-op.



Me and the boys in the field.

3 comments:

Chad and Sondra said...

This makes me homesick! It looks like Andrew had a blast!

Jill said...

What fabulous pictures! A great post for sure. I'm so glad you guys got to move back there so the boys can experience all the things you used to.

Hugs from all of us to all of you!

Motherhood Mayhem said...

What a great experience for your kids! I wish I had grown up on a farm...okay so just for a second (I really don't think I am farm material - much to John's disappointment). Kansas truly is beautiful and unique. We miss you guys!