Friday, April 18, 2008

Sick Boy


Here's a picture of my sick little boy. He started puking around 8 last night and it continued throughout the night with some diarrhea mixed in for extra fun. He's such a trooper though and would reach for his bowl and kept his bed clean for the most part. We went through many pairs of jammies, though. I think we all averaged just a couple hours of sleep and so everyone is very tired today, except for Jonathan who blessedly slept through most of the chaos.
And of course, yesterday was one of those days where I question why I signed up for motherhood. Every form of discipline I could think of was used and none of it seemed to work. I was ready for some Zoloft, so I could just be a constantly happy mother and ignore all of the unpleasant behaviors of my child! Do you ever have those days or is it just me? And then at bedtime, the sickness surfaced, which was probably the cause of all the acting out throughout the day, but how was I to know. Does the mommy guilt ever end?

Here are a couple of the highlights of yesterday: Andrew refused to eat lunch. He refused to take a nap. I checked on him twice to try and "scare" him into sleeping to no avail, and all I wanted was a nap. I did try to rest and was quickly roused when I heard him say, "Oh mommy, look at all those poopies." WHAT?! So I run to his room, expecting the worse, only to find he has taken off his diaper, again, and peed in 3 locations, which he was happy to show me. *sigh* I think potty training is in our near future. Any suggestions from you moms with boys would be greatly appreciated!

So, I cleaned his room and let him watch a movie "Baby Red Sox," which he loves (thanks Fleury family!). I then tried to make dinner, but Jonathan started to fuss. I ignored it for a minute because it wasn't serious crying. Big mistake! He was laying on the floor in his gym and Andrew decided to take matters into his own hand. I glance up just in time to see what looks like Andrew jumping on his brother. Then Jonathan started screaming. I immediately have horrible thoughts of internal bleeding, broken legs, etc. Turns out Jonathan was fine, only scared, and who wouldn't be?! Andrew went straight to time out and lost his TV privileges. And I could go on and on, but I won't in case anyone is thinking they should call the authorities. :) We did survive, belive it or not. And then the sickness came with a vengance. All this so that I could have even more mommy guilt. They don't show any of this fun stuff on "A Baby Story!"

So now we are praying that the rest of us don't catch this awful bug. Ahh, life with a 2 year old. Never dull!

I have a little verse of the day thingy, which doesn't get changed every day and for good reason. This was the one I read yesterday and today:

"...Strengthened with all power according to His glorious might...have great endurance and patience..."
Colossians 1:11

and on the back was:

"Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts..." Romans 5:3-5

3 comments:

Jill said...

Ugh. NOT AGAIN!!! You guys just can't catch a break. I wanted to call you several times this week but have been dealing with Grumpette McGrumperson. (((((Big Hugs))))) I'll call soon! Andrew, you feel better, buddy!!

Anonymous said...

awe man bummer-so sorry to hear andrew was sick-we can feel for you on the up chuckin thing-josiah has been sick this week with a bronchial thing again-gets so much crud in his throat-well he tossed all in his excersaucer-renita had to take the whole thing apart and clean each crack and toy-so-as i said-we can identify and hope andrew is back to his ornery little self!!! sure hope the rest of you stay well! joyce

KPrince said...

Our kids have been so sick too! After both kids finally got well....they BOTH have been fighting Double ear infections and they won't go away. I am getting a little nervous they are gonna want tubes!!