Jonathan was selected the first weekend of November to bring his classroom mascot, Friend Bear, home for the weekend. This is a highly anticipated event! Each week, a different child is chosen to bring home the bear and they are encouraged to document their weekend with pictures and short story to take back to school on Monday. This was our weekend with Friend Bear:
Jonathan's Weekend with
Friend Bear
I was so excited to bring Friend Bear
home and have him meet my family and my cousin Ashley, who is visiting from Washington
DC. The first thing we did was have a
yummy Chick-fil-A lunch.
After lunch,
I showed Friend Bear the train track I
built in the basement, and we played trains together.
On Saturday,
my brother and I had a special donut breakfast with my dad and then we went to
Home Depot and built a turkey napkin holder. We didn't take Friend Bear with
us, because we didn't want him to get paint on him or get lost.
On Sunday, we went to church and then
Friend Bear and I watched the movie about Jesus with my brother and sister. It was kind of sad and scary at times, but it
has a happy ending.
After that
we went to the library to get some new books. Friend Bear and I found lots of
great ones to bring home, and we did some new puzzles while we waited for my
mom to check out our books.
Friend Bear
and I had a busy and fun weekend together!
Jonathan Ayotte


No comments:
Post a Comment