Today was the first day of preschool and Andrew was excited and ready to go! I was a little worried because we have battled separation anxiety quite a bit this summer when going to Sunday School. But that was not the case this morning! He was excited to go to Miss Staci's class. He ran into the classroom and washed his hands right after he hung up his backpack.
And I received a good report from his teacher and from him when I picked him up! When I asked what he did in school, the first thing he told me was that they played outside. He couldn't remember anything else without some prompting. Oh, and snack was a popsicle with white stuff inside that was like ice cream, but different. I don't know exactly what this means, but it made a big impression.
On the way home Andrew was also telling me that he was sad because he didn't get to be a leader or a helper. It was also the first thing he told Keith when he called. I tried to explain that his teacher has a list and everyone gets a turn to be a helper and a leader. "But she didn't call my name to be a helper!" Oh, the traumas of preschool! How I wish his life could stay this simple!
And I received a good report from his teacher and from him when I picked him up! When I asked what he did in school, the first thing he told me was that they played outside. He couldn't remember anything else without some prompting. Oh, and snack was a popsicle with white stuff inside that was like ice cream, but different. I don't know exactly what this means, but it made a big impression.
On the way home Andrew was also telling me that he was sad because he didn't get to be a leader or a helper. It was also the first thing he told Keith when he called. I tried to explain that his teacher has a list and everyone gets a turn to be a helper and a leader. "But she didn't call my name to be a helper!" Oh, the traumas of preschool! How I wish his life could stay this simple!
1 comment:
Wow, preschool, huh? I have almost cried several times today and Gabrielle's just at mom's day out at our church. Ugh. I don't know if my heart is going to be able to handle her "growing up"! :)
Glad to hear that Andrew's first day went well!
Post a Comment