Remember those old Calgon commercials? The stressed mom, the relaxing bubble bath. Whatever. Real life equals bodily functions spewing from children all over the carpet, themselves and you. And only the children get the bubble bath.
We're battling another bug around here. A week ago, a couple of moms mentioned to me this little stomach bug they had been battling. I was hoping against hope that my children wouldn't catch that bug, but they did. I'm starting to think that Andrew's body hears there is a new bug in the air and jumps up to catch it.
It all started a week ago. Andrew had an isolated incident of diarrhea. That was Tuesday. Thursday morning around 1 am he came in our room and threw up all over our floor. Then Thursday and Friday he seemed mostly fine. Saturday brought a little more diarrhea and a very fussy and needy Jonathan.
Sunday morning around 4 am, I heard Jonathan coughing and crying, so I checked on him. Puke everywhere and then diarrhea throughout the day. This has continued. Just when I think one of them is better, the other one starts up again. And the hardest part is that Jonathan wants to eat and as his mother, I want to feed him, but it NEVER ends well for either of us!
I just heard coughing and gagging coming from Jonathan's room, so that is a sign this post is done for now. We had a rough night again, and so I'm praying today will be easier, with less bodily fluids and happier children. Oh, and long naps, for all!
At least Andrew seems to be OK, with plenty of energy. If I could just bottle that energy and drink it or sell it!
1 comment:
I'm so sorry!!! Unfortunately, I don't do well with vomit, so I guess I won't be coming over to take over for you. Sorry again!:(
I hope they start feeling better!
Post a Comment