| Umm yes, my hair is a mess, and I am Thing 3! |
| Just chillin', laying on the hearth messing with my brother's camera. |
| Sporting her cute Easter outfit from the Fleurys while trying to open the locked cabinets under the sink. |
| Little Miss Sassy with her hair in piggies giving her baby a ride in the shopping cart. |
| This is how Hannah sleeps - perpendicular with several binkies around her head and her soft kitty from the Petersons. |
Since I missed updating Hannah's 18-month stats from last month, I'll just update now with 19-month photos. I can't believe that you are over half-way to being a 2-year old. I just don't know how this is happening so fast. And it doesn't help that you want to be big, so you deny being little at every turn! Your motto is, "If the boys are doing it, so can I. And if you don't let me, I'll throw a fit."
You still don't have a ton of words, but you communicate your wishes very clearly. You have started signing please and thank you without prompting. Especially when we are grocery shopping and I put something in the cart you like. The other day I put a bag of Tootie Frooties (generic Fruit Loops) in the cart and you starting throwing every sign you knew at me - please, thank you, eat, more, and then kept repeating them until I acknowledged your request. You were not happy when I explained that we had to pay for the cereal before we could have a snack.
You also say some version of "I love you" when you give me a hug complete with some little love pats. Cutest thing ever, which saves your hide when you are destroying a room. You are very skilled in making large messes. And your level of reach has recently increased since you discovered that step stool in the bathroom can be carried from room to room opening up a whole new world for you. I caught you happily emptying the junk drawer the other day with your new friend the step stool. You were not pleased when I took it away and put it out of reach on top of the washing machine.
18 month stats:
weight: 20 lbs. 1 oz! FINALLY - 2 percentile
height: 31.25 inches - 35th percentile
head circumference: 17.875 inches - 19th percentile
You will probably still be hovering around the 20 lb mark at your 2-year check-up based on your current eating habits. You like most foods, but you are a grazer and don't want to eat with the rest of us at the table. And part of the problem is that you have completely broken your highchair. So this past weekend, I bought you a new booster seat without a tray but with a seat belt! Hopefully this will help keep you contained and focused.
You are still a charmer and attract lots of attention when we are out and about. You love Andrew and Jonathan and want to do everything they do. But if they don't let you have your way, you've learned to scream until they cave. So far it works for you, but the screaming has to stop! Master manipulator before your second birthday. Be afraid. Be very afraid! But we love you anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment