Well, I was hoping to start posting vacation pictures when I got caught up with laundry and life. But since that isn't going to happen, I'm going to start wading through the hundreds of photos before I forget all the fun we had!
We left last Saturday (July 30th) morning for Newport, RI. Our flight there was not great. We missed our 6:20 am flight because the bag tag printing machine stopped working and they couldn't hold the plane. So we made 10 new friends who also missed that flight and had not-so-nice things to say about the crew working the Delta counter that early morning. I'll skip all the details, because they aren't that exciting, just frustrating. I will say that the kids did AWESOME on the flights. Because of the flight changes we had only 50 minutes in Atlanta, which involved running and me begging a sandwich lady for a super fast sandwich to feed my starving children. Fortunately she saw I was desperate and a little crazy and gave me a plain turkey and cheese sandwich with few questions. Hannah took about an hour nap on each flight and was fairly easy to keep entertained. (The flights home were not as easy with her.) We did finally make it to Boston around 6 pm instead of 1 pm, and then had a little drive to our fabulous vacation home.
Most of these pictures are from our first real day of vacation - Sunday. We slept, relaxed, swam in the pool, and got re-acquainted with our cousins. Grammy and Grandpa brought some of Keith's old Legos they had saved and that was a HUGE hit with all the boys.
We left last Saturday (July 30th) morning for Newport, RI. Our flight there was not great. We missed our 6:20 am flight because the bag tag printing machine stopped working and they couldn't hold the plane. So we made 10 new friends who also missed that flight and had not-so-nice things to say about the crew working the Delta counter that early morning. I'll skip all the details, because they aren't that exciting, just frustrating. I will say that the kids did AWESOME on the flights. Because of the flight changes we had only 50 minutes in Atlanta, which involved running and me begging a sandwich lady for a super fast sandwich to feed my starving children. Fortunately she saw I was desperate and a little crazy and gave me a plain turkey and cheese sandwich with few questions. Hannah took about an hour nap on each flight and was fairly easy to keep entertained. (The flights home were not as easy with her.) We did finally make it to Boston around 6 pm instead of 1 pm, and then had a little drive to our fabulous vacation home.
Most of these pictures are from our first real day of vacation - Sunday. We slept, relaxed, swam in the pool, and got re-acquainted with our cousins. Grammy and Grandpa brought some of Keith's old Legos they had saved and that was a HUGE hit with all the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment