Can you find Andrew? He's the one in the middle wearing a white shirt, looking a little uncertain about the whole situation.
Andrew's spring program was this week and he did AWESOME! This was a big deal for all of us. After three painful programs in his preschool career, we kept our expectations low and our bribes high for this one.
He kept telling me he was scared of all the people, and I told him that they wouldn't be looking at him. They would only be watching their own kids. That seemed to help a little and then a day or two before the program he watched an episode of Olivia. Olivia's friend was scared of performing also, and Olivia told him to imagine that all the people were his stuffed animals. The night of the program, Andrew told us he was going to do the same. We also promised him we would go get some frozen yogurt after his program at Orange leaf if he tried to sing. The little stinker then asked how many songs he had to sing to get ice cream. I told him ALL of the songs.
I'm not sure what really worked, but it doesn't matter because he sang EVERY song and did all the motions. My little boy is growing up! And the bribe to get some frozen yogurt after his program may have helped a little too!
1 comment:
Thanks for putting him in a white shirt so that I could spot him right away! I can also see that he was singing, Yea for Andrew and yea for ice cream!
Grammy
Post a Comment