Saturday, June 26, 2010

Harvest!


Jonathan wasn't too sure about harvest and being in the wheat field.


Andrew, on the other hand, was all about it and stuck to Uncle Matt like glue!

Driving in the wheat truck to the elevator. Jonathan didn't move the whole drive.

Andrew pretending to drive the wheat truck.

Calling strangers on the CB

Riding out with Matt on the 4-wheeler to get the tractor and grain cart.
(I was later informed that the 4-wheeler was much cooler than the Ranger we usually ride on and that Matt went super fast! I asked why the 4-wheeler was cooler and was told because it doesn't have a steering wheel or a roof! And did I mention that Matt went super fast?!)

Andrew with Grandpa in the combine

This year we had an extra combine help cut the wheat. After a weeks of rain and battling mud, dad was ready to cut the wheat as fast as possible.

On Tuesday, we went to Hutch to "help" with harvest. Jonathan wasn't sure about the big machines or the loud noises. We did get him to ride in the wheat truck, but only because we all went for a ride. I held him and the whole ride I never felt him move. He was scared to death when I tried to lift him to watch the wheat dump out the back window, even though he was still safe in my arms inside the truck. I think he's still a little young to appreciate harvest. Maybe next year!

Andrew was the opposite! He ran for Matt as soon as we got to the field and I finally had to drag him to the house at 1:30 to eat lunch. He rode in the tractor, wheat truck and the combine and was asking to go back out as soon as he ate. But it was very hot and they had moved to a different field, so we packed up and headed for home.

No comments: