Friday, April 16, 2010

Preschool Birthday



Last week, Andrew celebrated his "preschool birthday." Each child can have a designated birthday day if they have a summer birthday. This concept was a little confusing for Andrew at first. He kept asking if he was still going to have a birthday in July, and I assured him he would with cake and presents and that this was just his special day at school. He wanted to know why he couldn't celebrate his real birthday at school and was a little sad to learn that there wasn't school in the summer. I wonder if he'll always feel that way?!
As the birthday boy at school he was the helper for all tasks, and he wore a birthday sticker. And best of all, he took brownies with sprinkles for a special treat. (The school has a no messy cupcakes or frosting rule.)
At lunch that day, he told me that we needed to sing "Happy Birthday" to him. When I reminded him that it wasn't his real birthday, he said, "But they sang to me at school!" And then we went back to reality!

No comments: