Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Crazy Gourds and Andrewisms


I found these fun gourds at the Farmer's Market last week, and Andrew wanted me to take pictures of him holding them. And since he seldom wants his picture taken, I did not miss the opportunity to capture him and the gourds!



Today at Carelink, we were reminded to laugh at everyday experiences in mothering, especially when your first instinct isn't to laugh, which reminded me I haven't posted any Andrewisms lately.

Andrew: "I want a hangaber (hamburger)."

Andrew has been a little obsessed with conserving energy lately, thanks to some of the shows he watches on TV, but only when it serves his purpose. In the morning, Keith leaves the bathroom light on to help me wake up gradually. (Mornings aren't my thing!) Anyway, when Andrew wakes up, he comes in our room to get me and has been upset when he doesn't find Keith in the bathroom, which he expects because the light is on. So the other morning he says, "Why does daddy leave the light on? Doesn't he know it wastes energy?!" I woke that day laughing instead of groaning!

A couple months ago I was collecting toys and things around the house for a garage sale. As a side note, I found it was a very effective discipline tool to threaten toys be sold on the garage sale. One day, I had had enough of Jonathan's behavior/whining/what have you, and I said, "Jonathan I am ready to sell you." Of course, I wasn't serious. But Andrew didn't know that and asked, "Mommy, are you going to sell Jonafun at da gawage sale?!"

1 comment:

Tera said...

Love the new Fall background, Tanya!! Andrew wouldn't like our morning routine either--Alan leaves the bathroom light on for me, too. It just makes waking up a bit easier...or at least until I feel Riley breathing on my face and asking if I'm awake.