
Jonathan checking out the giant pumpkins.

The biggest pumpkins

Llamas!


A-Rod, the llama

Andrew took this picture of the cows.

Andrew insisted on being fed his pronto pup and because he needed the blood sugar, we obliged.

Jonathan worked on his pronto pup for about an hour. He kept telling me it was "HHHHHott." His new word for the week.

No trip to the State Fair is complete without a Pronto Pup.

Fried Green Tomatoes
These were not worth $6. They were lacking in flavor, but I would try them again at a restaurant.

Fresh Potato Chips
This container was overflowing, but before I thought to take a picture we ate most of them.

Funnel Cake - or at least what's left of it.

Everyone enjoyed the funnel cake!


Taking time to smell the flowers and lecture the crowd or warn that the flowers had ouchies, I'm not sure which.

Time for a train ride!
(Everyone was more excited about the ride than they appear in this picture!)


Jonathan kept looking back to make sure we hadn't escaped without him.

Proof that we were at the fair with our children.
On Saturday, we braved the chance of rain and headed to the State Fair. Grandma and Grandpa met us there, and we wandered all over checking out cows and llamas, giant produce, fish, bees, machinery, and the food. We ate all sorts of yummy treats: pronto pups, fresh-squeezed lemonade, potato chips, fried green tomatoes, fat balls (sort of like a cream puff, but heavier), and funnel cakes. A fun time was had by all, but we were exhausted by the end of the day!
2 comments:
Sweet pics!
Thanks for the recipe you gave me; I made it last week and it was GREAT!! A keeper. Keep me in mind for future good ones; you are one who always seems to find them! Let's see, I have at least 3 now with your name on 'em...
YOu're awesome!
Oh man I love the fair....that looked like fun!! AND I am hungry now from just looking at the pictures....and where am I gonna get fried green tomatoes at this time of night...or ever really!?? ha!
Post a Comment