We timed our visit just right and got to ride to the Co-op in the big, loud, un-air-conditioned truck. Andrew said the truck was too loud, but he thought it was really cool to watch the dump truck action and the wheat dumping down the grate. And Jonathan didn't move or make a sound the whole two miles there and back. So, I guess he liked it too.
Matt let Andrew steer when we were all in the tractor. Can I just tell you how scary that was to watch my 3-year-old drive and then ask which way he should turn? I kept trying to help him turn away from the large grove of trees, but at 3.5 mph, we were never in any danger, and he was having the time of his life!
On Tuesday, we went to "help" with harvest. I told Andrew that we were going to the field, forgetting he is a city boy and that he didn't understand farming lingo. He was very confused by the idea of going into a field. And on the 40-minute drive to grandpa's house, as we passed many fields and farms, I was asked if this was the field we were going. *sigh* Next time I will be more specific.
We have been experiencing a tremendous heat wave this week. Every day we top 100 degrees with a heat index that I don't even want to talk about. And did I mention the humidity?! Oh, it has been awful. No outside playtime. No outside anything! But it is harvest time, and all the excitement it brings still happened, and we couldn't miss it even if it was ridiculously hot!
Andrew loved every minute of it, and declared it, "The Best Day Ever!" Jonathan wasn't too sure what to think. It was his nap time and it was hot, but he soaked it all up and I'm sure next year is going to be fighting his brother for combine-driving time!
Andrew loved every minute of it, and declared it, "The Best Day Ever!" Jonathan wasn't too sure what to think. It was his nap time and it was hot, but he soaked it all up and I'm sure next year is going to be fighting his brother for combine-driving time!
3 comments:
I'm SO impressed w/ your heat braving skills. I was hiding inside all WEEK. Poor Jackson got so excited when I put him in his carseat to actually go somewhere...but then he was mad at me when I took him to Dillons. Poor kid!
Best time of the year! The boys will want to go every year now!
Great memories for all of you. Way to go. Grandma Jan Story
Post a Comment