Monday, June 08, 2009

Garage Sale(ing)

Hot Wheels Race Track - $3
Piano - $2
Hours of (mostly) quiet and happy play time - PRICELESS!

I didn't realize the cars were all lined up until I was cropping these pictures. This action reminds me a lot of Matt!

We had to move the race track to higher ground. Much, much to tempting for Jonathan to destroy and then there would be screaming and the happy silence would be broken.

It's hard to see in this pic, but Jonathan is groovin' to the music.

Jonathan's turn to play some tunes. Thank God for a volume control switch!


On Friday, Ashley and Marilyn came to town and together with Sondra and my boys, we went garage sale(ing). (OK grammar police, get off my back. I know that "sale(ing)" is not technically a verb, but it works for me.) We made out pretty good - a piano, a Hot Wheels race track, and some I Spy books.

The boys were good shoppers even though it was Africa hot and it was lunch time. We rewarded our bargain shopping with a yummy lunch at Jason's Deli.

And now I'm sure that every time we pass a garage sale, I will be met with outraged cries from the backseat if we don't stop and shop...

2 comments:

KPrince said...

I love that! I for one can really appreciate good garage sale finds!! It even reminded me that I wanted to post my finds!! Thanks!!

Sally said...

yeah, well, next time, stop and say HI! =)