When you have a 3-year-old, life is not always as you plan. Keith found a really cute Handy Manny costume for Andrew. He refused to wear it. He kept insisting he was going to be a monkey like last year, thanks to a picture calendar I have on the wall serving as a reminder of last year's fun. We tried everything in our power to persuade him to be Handy Manny, but when it came time for trick-or-treating, Andrew was a monkey. And we barely got him out the door even as a monkey. He was not interested in leaving the house dressed as anything. He seems to have some new fear that we are going to leave him somewhere. I don't know how or why it started because we NEVER leave him anywhere except at church on Sunday morning, and he loves his Sunday School teacher and he goes to Kid's Day Out once a week, which he likes too. We haven't gotten to the bottom of this fear, but I'm hoping it passes soon!
Anyway, the costume really wasn't worth the fight. My biggest concern was that the monkey costume wouldn't fit. It did, barely. And it certainly won't fit next year. I guess we'll face that hill next October! So, we are out trick-or-treating just on our street. Andrew refused to say anything to our nice neighbors, leaving me to do all the work. And then when I suggested we just go home, he pipes up with, "Not yet. My treat bag isn't full." Whatever!
Anyway, the costume really wasn't worth the fight. My biggest concern was that the monkey costume wouldn't fit. It did, barely. And it certainly won't fit next year. I guess we'll face that hill next October! So, we are out trick-or-treating just on our street. Andrew refused to say anything to our nice neighbors, leaving me to do all the work. And then when I suggested we just go home, he pipes up with, "Not yet. My treat bag isn't full." Whatever!
Jonathan was a great little cow. He didn't care what we dressed him as and he didn't care that no one gave him candy. Oh, if only they could stay nonverbal and content.
And have I mentioned that we've been battling the stomach flu around here? Ah yes, the past two weeks have been fun. First Andrew, then Keith and then...me. Mommies aren't supposed to get sick, and especially not with the stomach flu! It hit me hard Friday night after we got home from our trick-or-treating adventure, and I was out of commission all weekend. No Halloween candy for me!
I'm better now and I'm hoping that we are done with the stomach bug for the winter! And I'm hoping and praying that Jonathan doesn't get it! So that was our fun Halloween adventure. Here's hoping that next year is a little less "fun!"
1 comment:
Tanya,
I can't believe how old Andrew looks! I still remember when he was about Jonathan's size. They are so cute! I am sorry to hear about the stomach flu....I agree, mom's should be immune.
Post a Comment