Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Jonathan's 1st day of Preschool!


Hannah posing with Jonathan in front of the school banner.

After school, while Hannah was napping, Jonathan asked for some hot (warm) chocolate. Look at that face! I think he likes it!

Today was Jonathan's first day of Preschool! He was very excited and walked right into his classroom like he'd been going to school for years. I had him pose by the Kidslink banner right before he went into his class and Hannah wanted to be in the picture too. In fact, she followed Jonathan into his classroom and was ready to go to school with him. Not yet, little girl, not yet.

Jonathan had a great first day and the first thing he told me was that they got to play on the playground. After some prompting, he told me they sat in a circle and everyone said their favorite color. "You know mine is gray." And then as we pulled into our driveway, he tells me how he and his friend Jackson had to have a talk with the teacher. After more prompting, he tells me, "I hit Jackson, but not very hard, because he knocked over my tower three times." So we had a quick recap of the rules and how we don't hit our friends, and we ask the teacher for help if our friend doesn't stop when we ask. Secretly I was chuckling over the fact that he made a point to tell me several times that he didn't hit him very hard, as if that makes it all OK. I can't wait to hear more stories from adventures in preschool!

No comments: