You lose one...
Hannah got two teeth this month, with no warning. Such a good baby. None of the normal teething symptoms. The teeth just appeared. What are the chances they will all arrive that way? A mother can hope!
And Andrew lost his first tooth a couple weeks ago. (Yes, I'm behind once again.) Anyway, on Saturday afternoon he told us his tooth was lose and by Sunday afternoon it was about to fall out. Keith helped it a little and that was it. No drama, no crying, no freaking out. Just excitement about the tooth fairy!
But now there is a little confusion about the Tooth Fairy. Last week he asked if we could sit down and have a conversation about the Tooth Fairy. I asked, "Do we have to?" I knew there would be questions that I wasn't willing to answer. He asked if the Tooth Fairy was here all the time. And I explained the Tooth Fairy only came when he lost a tooth.
"Well, how does the Tooth Fairy know when to come to our house?"
"The Tooth Fairy just knows these things."
I tried to explain that the Tooth Fairy is like the Easter Bunny and that we can't see them.
"But I need to talk to the Tooth Fairy." (I can only imagine that conversation.)
So, I distracted him with going outside and that was the end of our conversation. For now. I'm sure it will resume after our next lost tooth!
By the way, the Tooth Fairy brought him 4 quarters and he was super excited. And a little confused. He was ready to go buy a new toy that day. Umm, sorry bud. $1 won't buy you much. Maybe the Tooth Fairy can increase it's budget for your next tooth.
No comments:
Post a Comment