Happy Birthday Andrew!! How is it possible that you are 6 already?! It seems that we were just bring you home from the hospital. I had a nice little trip down memory lane as I looked back through old pictures to post on this blog. It was hard to pick just a few!
I also can't believe that you will be starting kindergarten in less than 2 months. You sailed through preschool and loved it. I know this summer has been hard because you miss your friends and teachers. You were super sad your last day of school and didn't want to say good-bye to anyone. We are so glad that you love school and learning!
You constantly amaze us with the things you come up. You are so smart and creative. And you always want to know how everything works. Your current fixation is my sewing machine, which I do not let you help me use.
Your mind and your mouth never stop working. They are both always going and sometimes we have to ask you to stop talking. You still have some special Andrew words: constructions instead of instructions. I've started to correct you, but I'm going to miss that when you stop using that. Your new big word that you use all the time is situation. "Daddy, I have a bathroom situation." And you still call your brother "Jonavin."
You love your brother and your sister so much. When Jonathan has rest time, you will often ask when he can come down and play because you miss him. You two are best buddies and I hope you always are!
You have started reading/memorizing books. Your favorite ones to read are the Piggie and Gerald books by Mo Willems. You master these after we read them once or twice, so I think you also have some site words memorized.
You still have a TON of energy and are in constant motion unless you are asleep. You sometimes exhaust us and we struggle to stay ahead of you, but you always delight us. We love watching you grow and can't wait to see the man you will become. (Actually we can wait. It's OK to be little and slow down a smidge!) We love you Andrew!

1 comment:
Grammy remembers all of the six wonderful years! Boy they sure do grow up FAST! Well, at least in Grammy time.
Post a Comment