So while I was having a grand old time in Virginia, Keith was stuck at home with a very sick Jonathan. Andrew had been sick the week before I left with a fever that lasted 6 days and a little bit of congestion and cough. We finally took him to the doctor on the 6th day because I thought maybe he had walking pneumonia or something, but it was just a virus. And then the next day Jonathan woke up with the fever.
He had all the same symptoms as Andrew: fever and congestion, so we knew it just needed to run its course and Keith assured me it would be fine and that I should go on my trip. I never leave my children and I NEVER leave sick children, so this was a little hard for me. But I knew they were in great hands!
He had all the same symptoms as Andrew: fever and congestion, so we knew it just needed to run its course and Keith assured me it would be fine and that I should go on my trip. I never leave my children and I NEVER leave sick children, so this was a little hard for me. But I knew they were in great hands!
So I went, but then Friday night, as we were enjoying a yummy dinner of Chipotle, Keith called to tell me that Jonathan's fever had spiked to 104. YIKES! We agreed he should take Jonathan to urgent care and get checked out. I was so sick to my stomach! But a couple hours later, Keith called to tell me they were on their way to pick up antibiotics for a raging ear infection. Thank you Lord for medicine! Jonathan still had a low-grade fever for a total of 7 days, and a serious case of the crankies, but who could blame him?! This was one nasty virus that can stay away. Fortunately Keith, Hannah and I avoided it!
No comments:
Post a Comment