Well we have survived nights 4, 5, and 6. The bedtime routine hasn't been too rough. They are pretty tired by bedtime and have gone to sleep fairly easy. (I blame it on the heat. I think we are in some sort of 10-15 day streak of triple-digit temps. AWFUL!)
Anyway, Jonathan continues to take a nap almost every afternoon in his crib. I just don't trust him to stay in the big bed yet. And he's been napping most days because the boys are now early risers. So sad for this mama! We used to have a rule that Andrew had to stay in his room until the first two numbers on his clock were 7:3. But now that they share a room, he comes out the second his eyes open, and he isn't very quiet in his exit. (We're working on that!) So then Jonathan is up for the day too, yelling, "Anroo! Where are you?" Jonathan used to sleep until 8:30-9, but those days seem long forgotten and no one sleeps past 7:30. I know it could be worse and they could wake up at 6:30 or something horrible time like that!
We are surviving and learning a new routine. And the boys LOVE sharing a room and sometimes even play in there together during the day. So I guess this is our new normal. Now I just have to figure out how to get Jonathan to have rest time in his new big boy bed!
I just read this verse today and thought it was fitting:
"The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace." -Psalm 29:11
1 comment:
Sounds like you need the clock that we got for Gabrielle (Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock & Nightlight from One Step Ahead). It glows yellow when it's time to go to bed at night, and when it's time to get out of bed in the morning, it glows green. Obviously, you set it for what times work for your kiddos. Gabrielle was getting up at 5:30 (seriously!), and now she knows she can't get out of bed until her clock is green at 6:30!!!
Post a Comment