Basically every Saturday in April, we have spent working in the yard. Keith built me a garden box. This is our first attempt at this, so we'll see if it works. I didn't really know what to plant besides tomatoes, so it's sort of a science experiment. Depending on how this goes, we might plant all new veggies next year. I planted all starter plants, except for the carrots. They came in a cute little seed packet and a day or so after I planted them, we had torrential rain. I worried that the little seeds washed away, but yesterday I saw a few little green sprouts, so I'm hopeful that a couple will come up! Any ideas of what else to plant in a garden box? I'd love input!
I've also been working in our front flower bed. My dianthus and phlox are trying to take over, so I might have to do some transplanting soon. I went a little crazy at the flat sale and planted all new flowers this year. So, I'm anxious to see what takes off! And I'm sure around July I'll be sick of this flower garden and all the work of dead heading and weeding, but for now it has been fun to get back in the dirt!
2 comments:
Wow! Looking Good. Can't wait to see what it looks like in another couple weeks when everything starts to fill out. I'm jealous - have had NO time to work in my gardens... that's my plan for next week.
I have been doing containers planting of my flowers. I have peonies,iris, and roses and a hosta plant in the ground. Petunias, Marigolds, Rose Moss and some others in containers. Your gardens look nice. Grandma Jan
Post a Comment