The boys found these extra hats in Grandpa's truck and put them on. Andrew said, "Now we are farmers, too!"
Yesterday we went to Grandma and Grandpa's for the day. It had been a little while since we had time to just go and play and run and well, get a little spoiled. We started out by visiting my grandpa and taking him a donut. His birthday is Friday, and he turns 92. He was very alert when we got there and devoured that donut. I don't think I've ever seen anyone eat a donut that fast! Our visit was cut short when Grandpa decided to spit up some of his donut. Andrew and Jonathan were a little freaked that Great Grandpa was "frowing up" on the floor! He has a swallowing issue and sometimes he just spits. But it was good to see him and his smile, even if he wasn't sure who we were.
Then we went back to Grandma and Grandpa's and the boys saw the baby calves. Jonathan kept yelling "Cow! Moo!" and pointing at them. I'm sure in his little mind he's wondering why the cows weren't in a book, where he usually sees them.
After lunch, Grandpa came home and Andrew wanted a tractor ride, so we went over to the farm and took some rides and looked at more cows. Jonathan wasn't too sure about the tractor, but agreed to a ride if I went with him, so I did. Then we went back to the house and had a Ranger ride, looked for chicken eggs, and ran around in the fresh air for awhile.
The boys were exhausted on the way home, but didn't fall asleep until we were almost home and when I tried to transfer them to their beds, they woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. I'm sure they only needed a 10-minute nap after such a fun day.
Then we went back to Grandma and Grandpa's and the boys saw the baby calves. Jonathan kept yelling "Cow! Moo!" and pointing at them. I'm sure in his little mind he's wondering why the cows weren't in a book, where he usually sees them.
After lunch, Grandpa came home and Andrew wanted a tractor ride, so we went over to the farm and took some rides and looked at more cows. Jonathan wasn't too sure about the tractor, but agreed to a ride if I went with him, so I did. Then we went back to the house and had a Ranger ride, looked for chicken eggs, and ran around in the fresh air for awhile.
The boys were exhausted on the way home, but didn't fall asleep until we were almost home and when I tried to transfer them to their beds, they woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. I'm sure they only needed a 10-minute nap after such a fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment