Yes, I'm crazy far behind in posting pictures. I have about a week's worth of pictures from our trip to Boston haunting me, but I wanted to post this before I forget...
Jonathan's vocabulary exploded about two weeks before Christmas. He repeats everything and really wants to communicate, finally! This weekend he added a new word, a favorite for him, that he uses in perfect connotation, tone and structure - "Why?"
Since Jonathan was old enough to understand and follow, Andrew has bossed and instructed him in the way that he should go. Here's a typical, rather one-sided conversation:
Andrew: "Jonafun, chase me!"
Jonathan: chases compliantly
Andrew: "Jonafun, run in a circle!"
Jonathan: runs in a circle until too dizzy to run anymore
Lately...
Andrew: "Jonafun, you drive this car and I'll drive this one."
Jonathan: "No!" followed by screaming until a parent intervenes
Last night:
Andrew: "Jonafun, let's go downstairs."
Jonathan: "Why?"
Andrew: "Because we need to blah, blah, blah."
Jonathan: Goes downstairs with his brother
I didn't hear Andrew's answer, but it must have been sufficient because Jonathan went where ordered. It cracked me up that he is now questioning the instructions of his rather bossy brother. It's not so funny, however, when he asks me why 20 times a day. Isn't this stage supposed to happen when he's 3?
No comments:
Post a Comment