Thursday, March 12, 2009

One hand and still busy

Our little brave walker.

the booboo


On the move, again.


Here's Jonathan crawling up the stairs, and stopping to make sure that I'm going to chase him. One of his favorite games to play.


Jonathan has adjusted quite well to life with one working hand. It only slightly slowed him down on Monday. He created some sort of gorilla-type crawl, but then abandoned that and took off walking. He has been walking constantly and falls and gets right back up. And his hand apparently doesn't hurt anymore because he uses it to push up off the floor and yesterday I caught him crawling on it. Gives me shivers to watch him!

And this morning when I got him out of bed, I noticed little white pieces of gauze lying around. Apparently, he is getting tired of not being able to suck his thumb and decided to take matters into his own hands, so to speak. He somehow managed to pull the gauze pad out from under the tape and part of his stitches were exposed. I don't even dare think about the fact that he might have been pulling at the stitches too! ~more shivers~

So, we are hoping the doctor will take the stitches out tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. It's barely been five days, and so I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday is more likely! But at least it's not slowing him down or changing his behavior. Except for sleep. Oh, how I miss that little sucking thumb that helped him self-soothe. I really don't function well when I am woken at 4 or 5 am by a sad little baby. But this too shall pass.

No comments: