Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Another Hot Day...

Once again, we are setting record-breaking temperatures. As of July 27, we had 32 days of over 100 degrees. The heat is extra painful when you have boys who have energy to burn. So, we decided to sweat out our energy this way...

They loved the idea of the water slide, but had a little trouble sliding all the way to the pool of water at the end.
 





When it was time to come in, they were a grassy, muddy mess, so I threw them in our big tub and they "swam" for about an hour, in air conditioning!

I bought this water slide early in the summer, but forgot about it. The boys found it in the garage and begged to set it up. I almost suffered a heat stroke getting it set up, but finally succeeded and then retreated to the shade. The humidity was extra high this day and so I didn't let the boys stay out too long. They loved it, and I'm sure it will get used again before the summer is over!

No comments: