16 months - little lounge lizard enjoying a snack and watching a show
It seems some days that your life is in fast-forward motion, and I can't keep up! You are growing by leaps and bounds and learning new skills every day.
And while you have many skills, you are still a peanut. Your 15-month check stats:
weight: 17 lbs. 14-1/2 oz. - 0 percentile
height: 30 inches - 34th percentile
head size: 17-1/2 inches - 12th percentile
The doctor says we still need to keep an eye on your weight, but that you will probably always be petite. We had an unofficial weigh-in about 3 weeks later at Jonathan's well-child visit and you topped the scale at 18.8, so hopefully that puts you back on the chart! We'll see where you are next month!
You do like almost all foods, but lately you are a pain to feed. You are very independent and want to feed yourself, which results in very messy meals. You have also figured out how to kick off the highchair tray, which you do if I don't respond fast enough to your all-done sign.
You have mastered climbing as a new skill. (Not my favorite skill, just for the record.) Chairs, tables, bunk-bed ladders, and the slide ladder are no match for you. You are still learning how to get down. Generally you reach the top and then screech until someone comes to help you get off the chair or whatever else you are standing on.
Did I mention that you are very strong willed? And you know what you want. We just don't always understand, or won't allow you to have what you want, resulting in your little arms flinging at us and some loud screaming and occasionally back-arching. So charming. You need to learn more words and then I think you will be less frustrated, or not.
You have a few words - bye-bye, hewoo (hello), nigh-nigh, uh-oh, drink, whastha (what's that?), some version of outside that I can understand but not spell, all done, and "I stuck." You said this at 14-months old one night when your legs were stuck in the railing of your crib. After I got over my shock that you were telling me what was wrong, I helped get you unstuck. You also say your name, always referring to yourself in 3rd person. "Hannah get down" you will say when you are standing on a chair and want help. And I know there are other words and phrases I can't think of right now.
You have a strong love of the telephone and swipe it any chance you get. It thrills you to no end when you push the buttons and the phone beeps.
Speaking of buttons, you've also figured out how to push your brothers' buttons. You are constantly destroying their Lego creations and decapitating their little Lego men. Very disturbing. You also hit your brothers. Generally it's unprompted, except that they scream and you like to get a reaction. But if they try to hug you, you scream for help.
You are still an excellent sleeper, sleeping through the night generally 8:30 pm - 8:30 am and then a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. Please don't ever change this habit!
You've sprouted a couple more teeth. I think you know have 8 in the front and 3-4 molars. I'm a little afraid to put my finger in your mouth to count.
Overall you are very sweet and my little helper. You like to help me empty the dishwasher and put clothes in or out of the dryer as needed. You love going to church and playing in the nursery with your favorite nursery worker, Jenny. Sometimes you don't even want to come to me when I come to pick you up. At least I know you are having fun. You also LOVE to play outside and want to be out all.the.time. Now if we could just teach you to not eat chalk or sand or dirt...
We love you Hannah and couldn't imagine our lives without you!
And while you have many skills, you are still a peanut. Your 15-month check stats:
weight: 17 lbs. 14-1/2 oz. - 0 percentile
height: 30 inches - 34th percentile
head size: 17-1/2 inches - 12th percentile
The doctor says we still need to keep an eye on your weight, but that you will probably always be petite. We had an unofficial weigh-in about 3 weeks later at Jonathan's well-child visit and you topped the scale at 18.8, so hopefully that puts you back on the chart! We'll see where you are next month!
You do like almost all foods, but lately you are a pain to feed. You are very independent and want to feed yourself, which results in very messy meals. You have also figured out how to kick off the highchair tray, which you do if I don't respond fast enough to your all-done sign.
You have mastered climbing as a new skill. (Not my favorite skill, just for the record.) Chairs, tables, bunk-bed ladders, and the slide ladder are no match for you. You are still learning how to get down. Generally you reach the top and then screech until someone comes to help you get off the chair or whatever else you are standing on.
Did I mention that you are very strong willed? And you know what you want. We just don't always understand, or won't allow you to have what you want, resulting in your little arms flinging at us and some loud screaming and occasionally back-arching. So charming. You need to learn more words and then I think you will be less frustrated, or not.
You have a few words - bye-bye, hewoo (hello), nigh-nigh, uh-oh, drink, whastha (what's that?), some version of outside that I can understand but not spell, all done, and "I stuck." You said this at 14-months old one night when your legs were stuck in the railing of your crib. After I got over my shock that you were telling me what was wrong, I helped get you unstuck. You also say your name, always referring to yourself in 3rd person. "Hannah get down" you will say when you are standing on a chair and want help. And I know there are other words and phrases I can't think of right now.
You have a strong love of the telephone and swipe it any chance you get. It thrills you to no end when you push the buttons and the phone beeps.
Speaking of buttons, you've also figured out how to push your brothers' buttons. You are constantly destroying their Lego creations and decapitating their little Lego men. Very disturbing. You also hit your brothers. Generally it's unprompted, except that they scream and you like to get a reaction. But if they try to hug you, you scream for help.
You are still an excellent sleeper, sleeping through the night generally 8:30 pm - 8:30 am and then a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. Please don't ever change this habit!
You've sprouted a couple more teeth. I think you know have 8 in the front and 3-4 molars. I'm a little afraid to put my finger in your mouth to count.
Overall you are very sweet and my little helper. You like to help me empty the dishwasher and put clothes in or out of the dryer as needed. You love going to church and playing in the nursery with your favorite nursery worker, Jenny. Sometimes you don't even want to come to me when I come to pick you up. At least I know you are having fun. You also LOVE to play outside and want to be out all.the.time. Now if we could just teach you to not eat chalk or sand or dirt...
We love you Hannah and couldn't imagine our lives without you!

No comments:
Post a Comment