
We discovered a little nest of bunnies in our backyard a couple weeks ago. It's hard to see them, but I think there were 4 little babies in this little hole. There were so tiny and their eyes were still closed when we found them. We probably wouldn't have found them if they hadn't made a lot of noise when the boys were outside playing one evening. And did I mention the nest was under a swing? I'm not sure what the mother was thinking when she picked this location!

The boys were really good about leaving them alone. I tried to explain that if we disturbed them too much the mama wouldn't come back and take care of them. They got the message and left them alone.

This picture was taken a week later. Keith was mowing the lawn and checked the nest before he started. He found only two bunnies in the nest. As he mowed, he watched one hop away. So I grabbed the camera and snapped a picture of the last little scared guy.

The boys got a good look at him and apparently he saw them too and took off.

The boys tried to catch him, but he hopped under the fence into the neighbors yard. And now our backyard is back to normal. Whatever normal is!
No comments:
Post a Comment